QA Engineer - Pittsburgh, PA
Position : QA Engineer
Location : Pittsburgh PA
Duration : 4 months contract with possible extension.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned.)
• Review product design requirements and software requirements to ensure that requirements stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
• Design, develop, and execute test protocols for functional SW verification for intricate robotic surgical systems.
• Create test tools that facilitate data gathering, post processing and test method execution.
• Log issues found within the issue tracking system; work with software and cross-functional teams to debug.
• Support manufacturing by verifying fixture software or any software used during production.
• Design new ways that satisfy business needs (improve product quality, improve test efficiency to shorten timelines and reduce costs)
• Develop tests and scripts that automate the testing process at a system level and unit level
• Analyze test data, identify non-conformance trends, generate concise executive summaries, and recommend design improvements
• Contribute to the strategy for reliability assessment and verification of robotic surgical systems and instruments
The following experiences are required
• 5+ years of experience in software quality engineering
• Working well in a collaborative, fast paced, multidisciplinary environment, and thriving under the pressure of doing something meaningful and needed.
• Applying a troubleshooting mind set, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of C,C++, OS: Linux, windows strongly preferred
• Strong experience in testing various aspects of medical device from functional, regression and integration standpoint
• Experience working with commercial test automation tools
• Experience with Git, defect tracking tools (e.g. Bugzilla) and continuous improvement methodologies
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, or related fields preferred, or commensurate experience.
The following experiences are preferred
• Significant experience with V&V for medical devices
• Practical experience with 3D Geometry and Kinematics
• Experience with complex embedded systems/robotics and real time operating systems, and/or experience with Linux and QNX is a plus.
• Experience with software development for robotics, electromechanical systems, motion control
• Experience with Matlab or Octave
• Experience with CAD or other Modelling tools
• Experience with GUI development
• Experience as SQA lead for a commercial product
• Experience with ISO 13485 and IEC 62304, and familiarity with FDA GMP.
• Demonstrated ability to increase product testability
• Demonstrated experienced in building test automation frameworks from scratch
• Experience testing robotic systems
• Experience testing hardware devices, especially in mechanical or robotic systems
• Experience in medical device verification and validation, and requirements for regulatory approval
• An in-depth knowledge of failure mode root cause analysis and standard statistical techniques
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346027
Posted Date: 11/6/2018