Senior Test Engineer - Austin, TX
Our client a well-known technology company located in Austin TX us seeking a Senior Test Engineer
ESI Server HW/FW/SW Test Engineer
• Deep understanding of Server/Storage products, including devices & technologies such as Server BIOS & BMC, Dell iDRAC, PCIe Switches, NVMe & SAS/SATA drives, PDUs, Serial Switches, etc., & deployment/management tools & capabilities.
• Have good understanding of Linux & Windows environments & applicability of solutions based on Linux & Windows environment on top of enterprise class dense & traditional server platforms.
• Work with the development teams to triage & root cause firmware issues.
• Strong experience in embedded development testing of server control & management systems.
• Deep understanding of Linux & strong working understanding of BIOS/BMC & iDRAC Firmware.
• Perform root cause analysis through a rigorous, methodical approach employing state of the art tools such as high-speed oscilloscopes & bus/protocol analyzers, etc.
• Experience with FPGA &/or CPLD architecture, coding & related system architectural design & implementation a plus.
• Extensive electrical & protocol knowledge of the following standards: SAS/SATA, PCIe, DDR3/4, I2C, NCSI, Ethernet, Fibre Channel.
• Knowledge & experience with IPMI standards.
• Advanced knowledge of server & storage hardware systems.
• Emerging Rack Scale Architecture & DMTF’s Redfish knowledge a plus.
• Strong ability to identify potential product weakness & be able to provide design guidance & recommendations for improvements to subsequent redesigns.
• Ability to develop Linux / BASH shell scripts, Perl & Python packages to support testing & deployment activities in different environments.
• Working independently under aggressive timelines.
• Strong experience analyzing requirements, functional specifications, design specifications & other technical documentation & using that to develop test strategies & plans.
• Experience with Test Management tools such as QMetry & project planning & defect management tools such as JIRA.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Test Engineer
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346098
Posted Date: 11/6/2018