Innovation Engineer - Southfield, MI
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyze intelligence, data and information to create hypothesis regarding the future implications to Honda in the areas of ADAS, Connected and Autonomous Vehicles, MaaS, Autonomous Sensors, AI, Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics and wireless communications.
- Attend technical/industry conferences, meetings, events, consortiums to acquire vital information.
- Support Techstars Mobility Accelerator.
- Create clear and concise reports (written and verbal) summarizing findings as well as strategy to support prototype group.
- Frequently interact, network and cooperate with Government, Supplier, Academia, OEM and other organizations in the topical areas above.
- Work together with other divisions within OEM to address the challenges related to this research.
- Travel and overtime may be required depending on projects.
Required Position Qualifications Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer/Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in the automotive or related industry.
- Japanese language proficiency (JLPT N1 Level) preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Deep understanding of the mobility technology areas described above (Connected and Automated Vehicles, ADAS, AI, Deep learning, etc).
- Understanding of the latest disruptive trends in this mobility space.
- Understanding of the innovation ecosystem (startups, VC’s, funding, etc)
- Ability to communicate in Japanese and English highly desirable
- Solid written and oral communication skills for internal & external presentations
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Able to recognize and resolve problems and prioritize solutions
- Flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Understanding of multi-cultural work environment
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Innovation Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346113
Posted Date: 11/9/2018