Sr. Business Partner, Payroll - Fountain Valley, CA
- This position is a vital role in providing cross functional support across the entire organization.
- This position has a high degree of daily interface with various departments such as: Human Resources, Finance, Headquarters, Administration and Warehouse Operations.
- Under general supervision applies knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures to interpret and apply company polices and government regulations in administration of payroll to include: consulting with supervisors and employees on direct and indirect payroll related issues; ensures company payroll is processed timely and accurately and in full compliance with wage/hour regulations and the company’s policies and procedures; ensures timely response and compliance with all state and federal correspondence such as wage garnishments, EDD statistical data, tax agencies, etc.
- This position also serves as the administrator of HRIS and Time/Attendance systems.
- This includes system improvements, personnel data management, establishing business hierarchy structures, troubleshooting, and system
- Integration within the HRIS modules.
- Payroll certification
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS, Years of Experience Job Category Required/Preferred:
- 5+ years Human Resources Required
- Minimum 5-10 years of direct payroll experience
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience as an adjunct of the HR department
- HR Preferred
- Use of intermediate software packages (word processing, spreadsheets)
- Define problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll regulations; Demonstrated proficiency in all payroll related functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, organized and ability to plan workload
- Adaptable in a fast paced environment
- PC Skills in a Windows environment (Word, Excel).
- Experience with ADP (Automatic Data Processing) a plus
- Keep up-to date on payroll related laws and system changes through continuing education.
- Good communication skills with all levels of the organization and good writing skills
- Quality of work essential
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee records and security procedures
- Serves as the administrator of ADP systems to include HRIS, Payroll, Time and Attendance and Reporting modules.
- Calculates normal and complex payrolls to include required and elected deductions / withholdings, corporate and regional incentive pay and any other processed earnings. Makes changes to payroll files, process corrections and review time sheet data.
- Processes expatriate salaries on a monthly basis.
- Obtains necessary data to enter salary information.
- Interfaces with all departments on direct and indirect payroll matters such as benefit accruals, employment verifications, time clock installations, and end-user system training. Processes bi-weekly and monthly payrolls. (50%)
- Maintains data in the HRIS and Time/Attendance systems for all current employees, new hires and terminations.
- Also creates new and existing reports based on data within the system.
- Creates reports per pay period to reconcile adjustments against payroll reports.
- Ensure proper deductions reflected in employee records.
- Regular and customary reconciliation reports include FSA, 401(k), Accumulators, Vacation Accruals, and Month-End reports for Finance department, HR Executive Coordinator.
- Cross Functional Support: Responds to employee inquiries regarding payroll related matters.
- Creates ad-hoc reports and completes ad-hoc projects that directly impact HR such as LOAs, Work Comp, 401(k), and Benefits.
- Supports all document reporting requests for HR audits and Finance audits.
- Processes additional requests from management team such as Overtime and Labor Costs reports.
- Processes verification of employment letters and vendor maintenance.
- Research enhancements to the HRIS system to maximize usage for HR department. (15%)
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Interfaces with employees and supervisors throughout the organization. Responds to requests timely in-person or through email or phone communication.
- Serves as the administrator of ADP WF N product suite. Interfaces with ADP vendor to investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Determines and recommends when and how upgrades are needed. Creates, Conducts and/or Coordinates system training for end-users.
- Works closely with HISNA on time clock installations and product upgrades.
- Process payroll in a timely manner in accordance with the wage and hour law. Review employee hours worked, authorized deductions and prepares related reports and records. Must schedule non-emergency time off to ensure payroll is processed.
- Pro Processes all garnishments and tax offsets.
- Process all employee verification requests through outsourced vendor; prepares verification letters when needed.
- Ensure that interface of data is accurate between the HRIS, payroll, time/attendance and reporting modules.
- Process government reporting (i.e. EEO-1 Report
- Ability to back up other R functions (ex. recruiting, benefits, etc)
- Ensure vacation, time & attendance, and travel time policies remain up-to-date, relevant by periodic bench marking
- Audit payroll, organization structure& reporting relationships
- New company locations properly set up (taxes, unemployment, etc.) timely
- Keep management informed of any issues on a timely basis
- Additional duties as assigned.
Work schedule/hours Travel:
8:00 am - 5:00 pm No travel is required for this role.
MAJOR CHALLENGES AND KEY DECISIONS:
- Ability to gather and use information logically to reach a clear understanding of situations and problems.
- Involve/notify management of any errors or delays in payroll.
- Degree/Diploma Obtained Program of Study Required/Preferred
- Bachelors Human Resources Required
Fountain Valley, CA
United States of America
Human Resources/Training / Human Resources
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Sr. Business Partner, Payroll
Location: Fountain Valley, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 346123
Posted Date: 11/9/2018