Manufacturing System Developer (C#, WPF, PLC) - Corning, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Developer in Corning, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am -5pm
OT on a case by case basis
Day to day responsibilities:
• In this role, you will have hands-on involvement with the design, development, and implementation of inspection equipment and software application that support manufacturing and product development.
• Conduct practical system debugging and trouble-shooting in complex situations.
• Use statistical tools and designed experiments (DOE) in problem solving and process improvement.
• Document and perform thorough unit and functional testing (both hardware and software)
• Assure safety of operators and equipment through compliance with all safety and environmental regulations.
Role within group:
• Work in focused, multi-functional teams to solve difficult technical, engineering related problems for manufacturing and development
• You will function as a technical team member on multiple projects.
• Provide equipment understanding and apply process understanding to integrate with manufacturing
• Provide hands-on technical leadership in problem solving
• Support the development and execution of plans to evaluate new technology or improvements in existing technology resulting in a superior product in terms of quality and/or cost
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science in computer/electrical engineering or equivalent technical experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in related work
• Track record of delivering results and a demonstrated knowledge in a technical field
• Experience / willingness to learn basic electrical knowledge
• Experience / willingness to learn basic motor theory
• Software language skills:
o PLC - Want / willingness to learn
o C - Want / willingness to learn
• Do you have technical curiosity; works well in a fast pace environment.
Manager Must Haves:
• Software language skills:
o C# - Must - 5+ years
o WPF - Must - 3+ years
• Experience with Visual Studio - 5+ years
• Experience with databases - 3+ years
• Experience with data analysis / data parsing - 3+ years
• Working understanding on statistics - 2+ years
• Experience working with dashboards - 2+ years
• Experience with HW/systems integration - 3+ years
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing System Developer (C#, WPF, PLC)
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346196
Posted Date: 11/7/2018