Systems Administrator supporting Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research Lab - Austin, TX
Systems Administrator supporting Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research Lab
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Austin, TX (must be on-site)
Systems engineer role looking for someone with a deep Lynx or Windows background... low level triage of platform itself... needs the ability to dig deep.
Ideal candidate must have enough low-level experience to help debug environment, keep things running, set up experiments...basically a caretaker of the ecosystem.
The Enterprise Technology Office is seeking a capable & experienced Systems Administrator to support the Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research Lab. As a member of the Concept Development team, this role is responsible for developing & managing a diverse lab environment that supports multiple Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research projects being done by the team. Supporting these projects requires the implementation & discovery of new best practices in Deployment, Automation, Security, DDI, Systems Management, DevOps practices, Application Monitoring Metrics & Eventing, performance tuning, capacity planning & troubleshooting issues.
- Performs day-to-day administrative, engineering & consulting tasks associated with our Linux, Windows, VMware, Docker & Kubernetes environments.
- Maintain & Grow Management & Automation tool integration with redfish, wsman, swordfish, ansible, SALT, etc.
- Builds & maintain an up-to-date OS & Container deployment infrastructure for prototype & production development.
- Maintains the VDI, DDI, User Management, & other core services.
- Maintains the intra-lab Network & SAN infrastructure in cooperation with upstream NetOps & Security teams.
- Provides performance tuning, support, maintenance & continuous improvement of team infrastructure.
- Brings mutli-platform knowledge to enable heterogeneous systems to integrate in the environment.
- Builds & deploys new core applications & services that provide enhanced functionality & usability to the environment.
- Supports the team in making sure existing & new Concepts & Research projects with unique qualities fit into the common environment.
- Helps coordinate Security & User Access requirements with Security, Network, & Infrastructure teams.
- Supports team created DevOps tools & workflows that span across multiple projects & ensure their long-term integration into the lab environment.
- Helps incorporate the requirements of client customers to improve blue prints for enterprise environments as part of these concepts. You are expected to work in a very dynamic environment.
- Works with infrastructure & operations teams on cross-lab initiatives, patching, & capacity planning.
- Works with team on lab resource monitoring & planning as well as forecasting activities.
- Maintain system & lab documentation for team member use & reference.
- Maintains & evangelizes the data protection requirements of core critical, & unique data generated by the team.
- Works with data, security, network & storage teams to implement & troubleshoot applications.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field with 5-10 years relevant experience; or equivalent relevant experience in the field.
- Experience with multiple of our core platforms of Linux, Windows Server, VMWare/vSphere/vCenter, Docker, Kubernetes, FreeBSD, strongly desired.
- Experience designing, implementing & maintaining security, authentication, authorization at Hadoop & database level.
- Good experience in writing scripts & programs in POSIX Shell, PowerShell, Perl, Python, Java to support the environment.
- Experiencing managing & using SAN Storage solutions with FibreChannel, iSCSI & NVMe type interfaces.
- Must be comfortable working with both local & remote team members with a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, & projects.
- Good general Linux experience, understanding of shell, recognizing & debugging service, kernel, or performance issues etc.
- Experiencing with managing Windows Deployment Services in conjunction with a PXE environment.
- Experience with various monitoring tools such as; Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, SolarWinds, Sflow/Netflow are highly desirable.
- Experience with integrating common AI/ML frameworks in a shared resource environment.
- Experience in SSO & LDAP integration using Encryption, Kerberos.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Administrator supporting Proof-of-Concept & Exploratory Research Lab
Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346350
Posted Date: 11/8/2018