Dimensional Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Develops and maintains list of critical product and process characteristics for Body Shop and Stamping Plants.
- Recommends best gauging methods.
- Performs data analysis to identify special and common cause problems.
- Helps in development and roll-out of training material.
- Support plants in root causing dimensional issues.
- Work with cross-functional team to recommend and evaluate corrective action.
- Documents case studies.
- Responsibilities will include Interior and Exterior dimensional validation, Creating Kaizens and eCims from QAF build issues and part validation, Root cause analysis, ensuring part availability for the QAF builds, Launch support and supplier interface
- Engine SystemsResponsible for: Supports and implements the Engine Systems Dimensional Control ProcessesDevelopment of datum strategies, dimensional specifications and measurement plans. Complete linear 1D Tolerance Stack / Analysis to validate vehicle design, locating schemes, and process alternatives, with the goal of managing dimensional variation;Review and approval of dimensional specifications and drawings;Driving quality improvement through innovation and by lessons learned from previous projects;Ensuring dimensional standards and best practices are understood and applied by OEM engineering, manufacturing, and suppliers;Support the 3D Variation Analysis process through up front processing strategies and review of completed models for accuracy; and Support the Gage / Checking Fixture Gage Review, Buyoff, and Gage R&R process
- BSME or equivalent degree from an ABET accredited university.
- Open to Associates Degree and / or 10 yrs. plus, automotive, mechanical design, engineering and technology candidates; exposure to plants or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to understand, create, and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009 standard.
- Demonstrated ability to perform 1D dimensional stack studies.
- CAD skills are preferred (NX 11 and Teamcenter)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work with a cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge in basic statistics and process control required.
- Familiarity with quality control concepts, control plans, statistics, and measurement systems
- Familiarity with metrology equipment for root cause diagnostics.
- 0-20% travel, domestic and international
Skill -- Competencies -- Requirements but not limited to the following:
- Working knowledge of statisticsInnovative Thinker; Change Agent; Energized & Passionate; Practical -- Minded; Technically Disciplined; Strong ambitious work ethic; Self-Starter with Strong Organizational Skills
- Preference on application of Dimensional Control on Engine Systems commodities including exhaust, fuel systems, cooling and air induction systems.
Unigraphics NX or CATIA Well versed in Siemens products including -- Vis Mockup and TeamCenter is preferredKnowledge of 3DCS, VSA and GDM3D is helpful, but not requiredMicrosoft Office Products
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Dimensional Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 346398
Posted Date: 11/19/2018