Chassis - Systems & Components Component Cost Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- Individual is responsible for component cost throughout program life for assigned commodities (setting piece cost and investment targets, negotiation support for new business placement and design changes).
- Working from BOM, drawings and/or samples the individual must be able to develop technical cost and investment/tooling models for Chassis components and systems using activity based costing methodologies.
- Individual provides subject matter expertise to support engineering and purchasing at working levels and to executive leadership.
- Individual must be curious, persistent and innovative.
- Individual must have the ability to analyze supplier quotes and reach agreement on appropriate piece cost and tooling cost using activity based costing. Individual must have understanding of elements of piece cost and investment for various manufacturing processing typical for the production of assigned commodities.
- Individual must work with the Chassis Tooling/Process cost Engineer.
- The Chassis Tooling/Process cost Engineer is responsible for approval of tooling in OEM System and Asset Verification of tooling after tooling has been built.
- 5 years automotive industry experience with an OEM or Tier 1 supplier
- Experience with ABC costing methodology.
- Particularly the following commodities: Engine and Transmission Mounts, Tires
- AND/OR the following processes: Casting, Forging, Progressive Stamping, Hydro-Form, Assembly
- Bachelor's Degree from ABET accredited school, or other education with experience may be considered.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal & communication skills.o MS Excel proficient.
- Must be detail oriented and highly organized to manage many programs and cost details simultaneously.
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid drivers license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Chassis - Systems & Components Component Cost Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347049
Posted Date: 11/16/2018