Provisioning Technician - Dublin, OH
Job title: Provisioning Tech
Location: Dublin, OH
Duration: 6 months
- Provisioning Technician is dedicated to Internet Access / VPN and IP products.
- The tech is responsible for providing "one call resolution" to customer reported installations.
- The tech works with customers, local carriers, transport repair organizations as well as other Client work groups.
- Excellent customer service, a positive attitude, leadership and a strong technical aptitude are required for this position.
- Respond to customer requested IP address, routing, troubleshooting and coordination for various hours of activation requests.
- Perform trouble isolation for customers during the initial activation.
- Engage other technical assistance teams to assist with trouble resolution and activation of circuits.
- Understand BGP, EBGP, OSPF, MPLS, static routing, and have a basic understanding of LAN and WAN technology.
- Works with software and hardware tools to remotely identify and diagnose WAN problems.
- Resolves complex network problems involving power, network hardware, routers, CSU/DSU, carrier services.
- Has ability to understand and isolate physical layer problems.
- Applies excellent customer service.
- Understand and apply standard trouble shooting techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency with trouble ticketing application as well as other internal tools.
- Ability to work off hours.
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or 1+ year of related work experience.
- Knowledge of TCP / IP.
- Knowledge of routing protocols.
- Knowledge of VPN principles.
- Experience with basic commands in Cisco, Juniper and Adtran routers.
- Understanding of DNS.
- 1+ year of technical experience on an Adtran, Juniper or Cisco routers.
- CCNA/CCNP preferred.
- Hours may vary depending on the needs of the business.
- 2-4 years of experience. 4-6 years of experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Provisioning Technician
Location: Dublin, OH
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347122
Posted Date: 11/14/2018