Quality Technician II - Big Flats, NY
- Encompasses the application of scientific and technological principles concerned with the integrity of manufactured products and processes from an engineering standpoint, esp. design specifications, testing procedures, and minimum quality standards.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs and analyzes inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications. Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Areas of specialization include: design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- May be certified in lean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- May also be responsible for the unit's Performance Excellence (Six-Sigma) project portfolio, assuring the effective use of different improvement methodologies (DMAIC, Lean, DESGN, etc) toward the achievement of division or plant strategic goals.
- Sound knowledge of job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job.
- Intermediate level technical understanding.
- Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems.
- Works under general site supervision.
- Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures.
- Able to train new employees to established procedures.
- Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement.
- Uses some discretion.
- Contacts are typically within organization.
- May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
- AAS is desired. Candidates with BA will most likely not be considered and those with an MA will be rejected as over qualified.
- Experience: 3+ Years (will consider recent AS level grads)
Manager Must Haves:
- Solid Works user (proficient)
- perform revisions to existing drawings and red line corrections to drawings
- Detail oriented., organized
Big Flats, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Technician II
Location: Big Flats, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347228
Posted Date: 12/4/2018