Technical Support – Helpdesk Support - Durham, NC
Technical Support – Helpdesk Support / 347285
Duration: 1 years with possible extension
Location: Durham, NC
Must work onsite: Monday-Friday - must be able to work between the hours of 8am to 7pm for the following shifts of 8am-5pm, 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm. Shifts will be determined after starting
A technical person with technical experience, customer support experience (someone who has worked with customers over the phone), Linux and Windows are a must, strong troubleshooting skills
This is a very technical and customer facing role.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working directly with customers and can represent the company with the highest level of professionalism. Prior experience in technical support or similar customer facing roles is required.
Provide support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature. Represents the company to the customer ensuring the customer is satisfied. Responsible for providing telephone, email, chat and remote diagnostic technical support of servers, storage, switches, routers, and various software applications (Windows, VMWare, Exchange, Oracle, Linux, etc.).
Answers questions about installation, operation, configuration, customization, performance and usage of assigned product(s). Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct failures. Documents problems in the support solution database for diagnostics and solution implementation. Provides basic remote troubleshooting, maintenance and consulting services.
Acts as central point of contact for product related issues and manages the customer relationship from a technical support perspective with minimal supervision
Participates in the creation and maintenance of knowledge database content Understands the customer's technical environment through regular communication and business reviews; develops support plans that recognize the customer's priorities, challenges, initiatives and potential areas for improvement In addition to their technical expertise, maintains direct linkage into other key internal organizations necessary for fast problem escalation and expedited resolution status
- Research customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with customers on recommendations and action plans.
- Escalate cases to other more senior Technical Support Engineers and/or SME/Escalation Engineers when the problem is too complex or falls out of specific area of expertise. Leverage internal technical expertise, including higher-level engineers, Knowledge base, and other internal tools, to provide the most effective solutions to customer issues.
- Create new knowledge base articles to share information for reuse throughout the Technical Support Center.
- Gain knowledge and expertise through hand-on experience, self-study, and through a variety of learning environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations. Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment.
- Reactive approach to problem solving.
- Technical person with technical experience, customer support experience (someone who has worked with customers over the phone), strong troubleshooting skills, Linux and Windows. Networking protocols are a plus.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Technical Support – Helpdesk Support
Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347285
Posted Date: 12/7/2018