Drafting/CAD Technician II - Midland, NC
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Client Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017 Electrical, Autodesk Inventor)
• Create, review, and update installation documentation and drawings as required.
• Incorporate redlined drawings into Client Inc. standard packages and follow-up with drafting services as required to resolve design issues.
• Re-design mechanical components to reduce installation cost, solve equipment interferences, and correct inadequate designs.
• Provide sketches or marked-up drawings as dictated by project and evolutionary equipment needs.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Support engineers and technicians as needed for Electricians and Mechanics during installation activities.
• Provide support to technicians to create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Complete documentation packages in AutoCAD 2017 Electrical.
• Ensure updated documentation exists in assigned areas.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (able to reverse-engineer design from existing piece of equipment).
• Proficient with electrical and controls schematics.
• Thorough understanding of controls components.
• Travel is highly probable for future projects - potential travel to other NC locations.
• Electrical or Controls Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Drafting/CAD Technician II
Location: Midland, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347293
Posted Date: 11/15/2018