Software Engineer - Corning, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Software Engineer to work onsite in Corning, NY. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
This role requires strong C# programming skills.
Nice to have skills include programming experience in VB.net and National Instruments motion control.
• Producing high quality software and related software development artifacts.
• Performing or leading system updates related to new design requirements from customer on existing equipment.
• Documenting current logic flow to understand how the system works and updating logic flow to show new software requirements.
• Conducting practical debugging and troubleshooting in complex applications and systems.
Minimum Experience: 6 years of programming in C#
• Strong knowledge in C#.NET
• Ability to modify existing complex C# applications for new updates/requests from customers.
• Exposure to databases (tables, indices, views, UDFs, partitions, reports) with Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
• Working with data in multiple formats such as XML, CSV, Flat files and databases.
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design principles
• Understanding of software project life cycle (Development/Deployment/Maintain)
• Understanding of revision control systems: ie. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) or similar.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: Corning, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347372
Posted Date: 11/16/2018