Interior Component Engineer - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Interior Plastics Release Engineer will be responsible for Interior vehicle packaging and releasing, defining customer requirements in terms of engineering metrics, defining design direction, maintaining all critical program milestones, balancing priorities of multiple customers and executing designs through vehicle launch.
- Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to establishing physical and functional integration of Functional Plastics Components for interior designs through all phases of the program.
- This includes the planning phase, translating functional objectives into technical requirements and solutions, creating and analyzing alternative design concepts, packaging, and integrating system, components, and benchmarking of competitive vehicles.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required. I.e: , BSME, BSCE, BS Materials, Plastics Engineering, etc.
- Looking for 3+ years of experience, with specific Interior Trim experience.
- Must have automotive background and interest
- Highly motivated individual with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of CAD Systems (CATIA, UGNX)Preferred:-Knowledge of DFMEA, DVP&R, FEA and Mold Flow Virtual Validation.
- Hard Trim or plastic experience.
- Overhead systems including headliners.
- May be required to travel 0-20% domestic and international (i.e. Canada)
- Will be required to drive a company car.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Position will be responsible for helping to communicate Engineering requirements to the Design Studio (PDO - Product Design Office). They are the bridge in order to meet PDO's requirements and engineering requirements at the same time.*
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Interior Component Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347399
Posted Date: 11/28/2018