Appearance Program Manager - Auburn Hills, MI
- The Appearance Program Manager (APM) is the conduit between the Design Office, Craftsmanship Studio, Mastering Studio and the Program Team (Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, etc.).
- The APM is responsible for monitoring color and material mastering and Appearance Approval Reports (AAR) for interior and exterior appearance parts, creating status reports, and presenting status to high level management.
- The APM will also support the Mastering and Craftsmanship teams by managing issues with external suppliers, mitigating risk and removing roadblocks for timely approvals.
- Lead AAR process per Product Creation Process (PCP) from tool kickoff through commercial approval, resolve issues, remove roadblocks.
- Communicate color and materials requirements for Interior and Exterior trim components, from Design Office to Program Team.
- Create and manage Excel spreadsheet to track vehicle program AAR status for interior and exterior appearance parts.
- Create presentation materials to communicate mastering and AAR status to high level management reviews.
- Co-chair with Craftsmanship Specialist, "Zone" meetings to communicate vehicle program appearance requirements, timing, AAR process and discuss open issues with External Suppliers and Supplier Quality.
- Schedule and conduct vehicle Harmony Reviews at pre-series (PS) build and launch, to evaluate overall color and surface harmony.
- Follow up with suppliers to resolve appearance issues to achieve full commercial status.
- Respond to program investigate Bulletins with feasibility and timing related to color and material changes
Education - Training Requirements Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- A Minimum of 2 years in Product Engineering and/or Program ManagementExperience interfacing with cross functional teams Strong communication skills with all levels
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and ProjectUnderstanding of OEM corporate systems and tools is a plus (CN, EBOM, Lotus Notes, Engineering portal, Share Point, etc.
Scope of Responsibility:
- The Appearance Program Manager role is to manage the execution of color, materials, texture and gloss appearance from PDO conception through PPAP, ensuring execution of PDO intent.
- Liaison between PDO, Engineering, Vehicle Line teams and Global partners s for the accurate execution of appearance requirements as defined by PDOBulletins: Provides timing and technical feasibility feedback to Vehicle Platform teams, on appearance related Investigate Bulletins
- Drives timely ATAR approvals: Coordinates Supplier Kickoff, manages suppliers to submit parts on time, mitigates risk and removes roadblocks to timely completion of ATAR process
- Reports Appearance status (Mastering, Roadmap, Texture, ATAR and Virtual Validation) to PMTs, UR Program Reviews and IH meetingsEscalate non-confirming suppliers for delivery of ATAR deliverablesLead education of the engineering community on ATAR process/deliverables
- Coverage for all Interior Components, Exterior Mold in Color Black & Under-hood
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20%
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Appearance Program Manager
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347400
Posted Date: 11/28/2018