Electro-Mechanical Equipment Technician - Winston Salem, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an Equipment Technician in Winston-Salem, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Responsible for preventative maintenance troubleshooting, repair, design, fabrication, installation, and start-up of equipment throughout the plant. Includes machines in all departments as well as automation, electronic controls, and all support equipment.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose for the Maintenance Technician position at the Winston Cable Plant is to minimize machine downtime, increase efficiency, and reduce cost through planned maintenance and prompt response to unplanned maintenance requests on the production equipment used to produce fiber optic cables.
Work Schedule - 7 AM to 7 PM (3 days on 4 days off 4 days on 3 days off) for training for approximately 35- 40 weeks and then move to night shift (7 PM to 7AM).
Must be flexible to work overtime if required.
Must be willing to work in the weekends and holidays if required.
Experience & Education:
Any of the following qualifies
• Two-year associate from an accredited college or a technical degree from a community college
• At least four-years of experience in maintenance at an industrial manufacturing environment with high school diploma or GED
• Perform root cause analysis of breakdowns and implement corrective actions
• Prepare written maintenance instructions, records, and procedures
• Maintain accurate and timely records in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), TabWare
• Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance tasks
• Perform tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor/Coordinator
• Strong and systematic analytical and troubleshooting skills
• In depth understanding of electrical and mechanical principles
• Thorough working knowledge of electrical, mechanical systems
• Experience with LOTO and electrical safety
• Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
• Experience in the use of hand tools, precision measuring equipment, and machine shop equipment
• Good communication skills
• Accuracy, attention to details, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to react positively to rapidly changing priorities
• Capable of independently managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrated initiative and an eagerness to drive continuous improvement
Winston Salem, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Electro-Mechanical Equipment Technician
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347469
Posted Date: 11/16/2018