Manufacturing Engineer - Elkhart, IN
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data, such as production costs, process flowcharts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Qualifications of the Manufacturing Engineer:
- Bachelor’s in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as Manufacturing Engineer or related discipline
- Previous experience managing processes in Tier 1 or Tier 2 Automotive Supplier or related OEM manufacturing environment
- Working experience in Production operations, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and implementation of these programs in facilities, with proven and measurable results
- Should be familiar with Hardware and Software Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, and Presenting Technical Information,
- Experience in APQP, PFMEA, SPC, and QOS (Or other similar problem-solving techniques) and other Automotive tools
- Good oral and written communication. Will be required to submit and/or present reports to management
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Direct Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Elkhart, IN
Job Type: Direct Hire Position
Reference ID: 347497
Posted Date: 11/19/2018