Building Information Model 2D/3D Specialist - Toledo, OH
- The Building Information Model (BIM) 2D/3D Specialist position will work as part of a team dedicated to the creation and maintenance of 2D/3D Manufacturing Facility Layouts known as BIM models, to support launch activities.
- BIM creation is a collaborative effort between Manufacturing Planning & Control, Manufacturing Engineering, and Material Logistics organizations.
- This position will require interaction with both corporate and plant personnel to coordinate various aspects of the Digital Manufacturing and Virtual Assembly portfolio.
- Responsibilities may include, but not limited to the following. • Insert, extract, update or modify 2D & 3D information. Modeling of station-level content through use of existing corporate library objects or creation of new models. Update and maintain 2D/3D library models (assets). • Coordination of BIM asset-based workflow and CAD deliverables along the phases of the launch life cycle between stakeholders in Manufacturing Engineering, Material Handling, and various suppliers. • Coordinates and leads the Digital Station Reviews (Digital Mockups) with all key stakeholders. Identifies interferences with facilities, material handling, and structural models in the virtual setting. • Performs project data management, documentation, and reports for model accuracy and project status. • Apply World Class Technology & Digital Manufacturing Validation lean principles to facility layout design. • Coordination with simulation teams to ensure layout files are available for virtual analysis. • Converts models and drawings into planning models for contractor setup/SOW. • Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Will be required to drive a company vehicle.
- Valid drivers license is required along with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to start work within 2 weeks of accepting an offer.
- Must be a local candidate to Toledo, Oh.
- Bachelors degree
- Basic skills/experience with Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools, such as AutoCAD, Inventor, Navisworks, Recap, Factory Design Utilities, to perform 2D/3D modeling or similar BIM/Architectural Computer-Aided Design in a relevant setting.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; Basic skills in Computer Aided Design.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Architecture Design, or relevant field/work experience.
- Min 1 year of plant and/or launch experience
- Min 1 year performing virtual simulations in a manufacturing setting
- Min 1 year experience in Autodesk Product Design & Manufacturing Collection tools (AutoCAD, Navisworks, Inventor, etc.)
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Building Information Model 2D/3D Specialist
Location: Toledo, OH
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347561
Posted Date: 11/28/2018