Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic - Dearborn, MI
- HMI Core Engineers have responsibility for HMI documentation and deliveries for new features.
- They deliver HMI interaction requirements and support Tier 1 cluster/HUD/touchscreen suppliers.
- Work as part of graphical user interface team on new cluster/HUD/touchscreen feature designs.
- Other team members include Core Functional Engineers, Design, Ergonomics, component release engineer (D&R), Marketing, and program management (PMT).
- Develop cluster/HUD/touchscreen interaction which includes menu structure; logic and flow diagrams; behavior and screen flow based on customer interaction with steering wheel controls and touchscreen.
- Support development of models to prototype HMI feature interaction.
- Work with feature owner to develop the HMI and logic for undefined/new features. e.g. Selectable Drive Modes, Driver Assistance features, New Trailering features, or similar Work directly with Tier 1s to aid understanding of all HMI requirements
- Support validation of HMI interaction through customer clinics
- Bachelor degree preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or Interaction Design
- Experience with digital interaction design (web or embedded) and/or familiarity with automotive networks (CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Willingness to be part of the team developing new features that will become part of future cluster digital designs.
- Strong written and oral skills are key to working well as part of the team.
- Capable of working in a cross-functional /global HMI role Strong written and oral communication.
- Ability to present to audiences at all levels in the organization.
3+ years of experience in interaction design; instrument cluster or touchscreen component design, or automotive infotainment design
- Experience with in vehicle network communication systems (CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Experience with automotive (electrical) component/feature specifications Experience with object oriented programing for GUI design
Bachelor degree in Engineering (Computer or Electrical), Computer Science, or Interaction Design
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer Electrical / Electronic
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347668
Posted Date: 11/19/2018