Associate Buyer - Sunnyvale, CA
- Manages procurement of direct materials to support business requirements: includes negotiating costs, purchase order management, and inventory management.
- Assists with key procurement initiatives as directed by management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administers and manages purchase orders and delivery commitments to designated suppliers as necessary to support production and/or sales requirements within the business.
- Reviews, interprets, and communicates material demand forecast and manages capacity planning for assigned commodity groups and/or supplier relationships.
- Supports team efforts to manage supplier performance.
- Utilizes lean sourcing principles (kanban, consignment, and other similar material pull methods) to achieve 100% material availability and optimize on-hand inventory.
- Achieves key purchasing metrics (supplier OTD, quality, risk management, inventory velocity, and cost reduction).
- Supports engineering change order activity with suppliers and other functional groups.
- Requests quotes with suppliers as directed by management to support supply chain optimizations.
- Supports assigned commodity team by participating in identified consolidation and cost reduction opportunities and supporting other commodity projects as assigned.
- BS degree or equivalent and 1+ years of purchasing or general office working experience.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office products required; SAP and Agile preferred.
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
- Proven ability to learn new processes and systems quickly as well as achieve stretch goals and objectives.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Associate Buyer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347745
Posted Date: 11/20/2018