Buyer - Houston, TX
We are currently seeking a seasoned Buyer for a 12 month contractual opportunity with our client in Houston, TX. The qualified candidate will work closely with the assigned business segments following an individual work plan and meeting day-to-day short-term objectives. He/she will must have the ability to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Responsibilities / Work Duties:
- Responsible for assigned commodities to meet the requirements including achieving lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs.
- Responsibility to provide training or coaching to Buyers on the team.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, obtain bids, and plan programs to meet business needs.
- Work with sourcing team, supporting sourcing activities, including supplier qualification, supplier evaluation and corrective action follow-up.
- Communicate with global sourcing team for global project and liaise with P&L sourcing team.
- Converting approved reqs to POs and issuing POs to suppliers
- Comparing pricing between previous and current year to ensure best rates possible
- Expediting orders already placed with supplier, working out deliveries dates.
- Understanding upcoming order requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ work experience in the assigned commodity, supply chain or purchasing
- Solid communication and analytical skills
- Oracle experience preferred
- Experience expediting orders and working with suppliers
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Buyer
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347757
Posted Date: 11/20/2018