Corporate Meetings Coordinator-Contract - Waltham, MA
The Corporate Meetings Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the meetings management process for the company and affiliates. This position serves as the liaison between internal customers and external suppliers to ensure that meeting requirements are met in the most efficient and cost effective manner. This position requires the drive to stay current on the meetings industry to ensure creative solutions are offered to internal customers. The ideal candidate will be organized, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and have a strong service orientation. They will work well in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment and will demonstrate eagerness to learn and take on additional responsibility.
· Gather and define meeting requirements.
· Work with internal and external customers to conduct site selections, formulate proposals, and finalize event contract including room nights, meeting rooms, audio visual, food and beverage and any additional requirements.
· Monitor and manage meeting attrition related to group room blocks.
· Manage meeting attendee list and arrival/departure manifest.
· Setup group air parameters to ensure all attendees arrive and depart as required.
· Manage build of meeting registration sites.
· Setup and provide necessary reports to internal and external customers, including but not limited to meeting actuals versus budget.
· Facilitate arrangement of group ground transportation needs.
· Work with Travel Management Company (“TMC”) to ensure that all room nights are entered into necessary systems for to ensure effective duty of care program.
· Work with TMC to conduct an air analysis to determine potential cost and evaluate whether a group air contract is appropriate.
· Define payment method for all meeting and travel services associated with a meeting.
· Track and reconcile cost of the event and associated travel. Compare budget to actual performance.
· Gather feedback from meeting requestor to ensure continuous improvement of corporate meetings program.
· Ensure all internal and external customers understand the roles and responsibilities of each stakeholder.
· Ensure the meeting management process is consistent and complies with internal policies and external regulations.
· Track meeting activity and issues for reporting purposes.
· Create and update corporate meeting planner guides and forms.
· Recommend improvements to meetings policy and procedures.
· Identify risk related issues and report to Global Travel & Expense Manager.
· Provide onsite meeting support occasionally if required.
· Assist with Board Meeting co-ordination, as required.
· Stay current with industry trends.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Working knowledge of corporate meetings-related resources and technology.
· Familiarity with audio and video conferencing systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with all levels.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service focus.
· Good analytical skills to evaluate proposals, contracts, and meeting budget needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of proven corporate meeting planning experience.
- Certified Meeting Planner designation required.
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Sales
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Corporate Meetings Coordinator-Contract
Location: Waltham, MA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 347780
Posted Date: 11/20/2018