Mechanical Engineer - Refinery/Maintenance Projects - Belle Chasse, LA
The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the Mechanical Lead and provide technical expertise and leadership in the development of refinery capital and/or maintenance projects ranging from $0.3MM to $35MM. The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with other disciplines and project engineers, subject matter experts (SME’s), inspection, operations and maintenance teams.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Works under general supervision of lead engineer on design projects and complete assignments of moderate to advanced complexity
- Develops of equipment and construction specifications, technical reports, and drawings
- Sizes basic process equipment including pumps, tanks, and piping components
- Prepares and check technical calculations
- Utilizes basic CAD sketching tools
- Utilizes basic technical software including hydraulics and pipe stress
- Reviews engineering drawings and equipment vendor drawings/data
- Collects data and information regarding technical and economic factors relating to mechanical engineering tasks
- Assists with development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor them to aid in evaluating project schedule and budget.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineering staff
- Perform material take-offs
- Works to maintain positive working relationships with peer leaders
- Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to engineering
- Develop and run stress analysis on piping systems.
- Participate and assist with refinery process safety management (PSM) process and procedures including management of change (MOC), Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) etc.
Belle Chasse, LA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Refinery/Maintenance Projects
Location: Belle Chasse, LA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347815
Posted Date: 11/26/2018