Copywriter - Sunnyvale, CA
Intuitive is the industry pioneer and leader in robotic surgical systems. Our da Vinci surgical systems are advanced platforms for minimally invasive surgery that have touched the lives of more than three million patients worldwide. Our systems act as a natural extension of a surgeons’ eyes and hands through a combination of cutting-edge robotics, immersive 3D stereoscopic vision, and intuitive human-interface controls. Over more than two decades, this revolutionary technology has brought about a new era in minimally invasive surgery.
Global Marketing Communications generates content for a broad range of audiences - customers, patients, employees and the general public - that can be highly specific and technical or journalistic and creative. This role will be instrumental in maintaining branding and messaging consistency across communication platforms.
You should have a passion for content development and storytelling, as well as clinical and creative copy writing. You will work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to create and deliver go-to-market materials, employee engagement pieces and more-all within the highly regulated healthcare arena.
Primary Function of Position
The Copywriter must be proficient in the creation and development of a wide range of collateral crafted by Intuitive’s Global Marketing Communications team. S/he will be responsible for understanding the brand narrative, clearly articulating our product and procedure value propositions and maintaining consistent quality, tone, voice and style.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in and aptitude for creative concepting, writing and editing. The role requires the ability to efficiently organize and execute on multiple deliverables in close cooperation with team members and colleagues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Writing & Editing:
- Work with clients in marketing, human resources, global public affairs and professional education to produce finished copy for use in deliverables supporting corporate goals
- Develop and frame marketing/company messages that reflect our brand, tone and style
- Prepare summaries that present clinical data objectively in a clear, concise format for use in multiple outlets
- Ensure consistency of brochures, presentations, web pages and other collateral within and across clinical programs by managing content and developing and maintaining document standards, styles, and templates
- Support efficient production of targeted communication pieces that meet strategic objectives and align with brand guidelines
- Leverage production resources across media to strengthen brand communication
- Partner with project managers, designers and other colleagues to ensure that materials are of the highest quality and delivered on time
- Contribute to the organization's production efficiency by establishing best practices, applying those to individual efforts, and sharing that knowledge within the organization
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree and 5+ years’ work experience required.
- Medical device experience is strongly preferred.
- Writing skills. Ability to clearly, accurately and concisely prepare all types of content for a varietyof audiences. Knowledge of AP style required. A master of not only the written word but alsocontent delivery.
- Editing skills. Aptitude for and interest in editing copy and interest in providing quality control
feedback to subject matter experts.
- Expertise with content management systems, particularly Sitecore, a major plus.
- Influential leadership style. A successful track record of influencing peers to achieve measurable
- Computer mastery. Self-starter with ability to edit and update Microsoft Office (especially Wordand PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Competent in and comfortable with production and desktoppublishing.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347848
Posted Date: 11/21/2018