Paralegal - Manufacturing Industry - Painted Post, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Paralegal in Painted Post, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Work Schedule - Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm
• Reviews and screens NDA requests to make (in conjunction with IP Counsel) proper recommendations to clients whether: (a) a new NDA is needed, (b) a current NDA can be amended, or (c) a pre-existing NDA can be relied upon. Similarly, with the guidance of appropriate IP counsel, the NDA paralegal would be responsible for advising business clients on the scope of coverage of various NDA.
• Management responsibility to maintaining and operating the IP Agreements database to ensure complete and accurate information is available to IP Attorneys. In particular, the NDA/IP Agreement paralegal will need to coordinate with the attorneys to ensure inter-relationship of various agreements are identified in the database; coordinate with the external collaboration group to ensure information on all of that operations agreement information is available in the IP Agreement database; and ensure that all encumbrances on any intellectual property are properly identified in IP database.
• Coordination with administrative resources to ensure the data entry work for the IP agreement database is being accurately maintained (license agreement numbers, scanning of agreements, entry of expiration dates, etc.)
• Works with the business clients and IP counsel to develop negotiation positions on NDA, negotiates the terms of the NDAs exercising appropriate judgment in modifications made to NDAs.
• Corresponds with client or third party representative as appropriate with respect to any issues or informalities raised in the course of drafting and executing the NDA and helps facilitate the execution/signature process.
• Consults with IP Counsel as appropriate with respect to any issues and informalities as well as transfers responsibility for such agreements to IP Counsel on issues related to IP ownership or similar issues where the client requires legal advice.
• As requested by IP Counsel, works with business clients to provide training on best practices for NDAs.
• Tracks current NDA terms and annually, works with the clients to determine which NDAs need to be extended and drafts appropriate extensions/amendments.
• Reviews shipping requests for approval, and coordinates with the appropriate IP Counsel on any issues associated with patent filings identified in such requests.
• Agreement drafting and negotiation skill with the ability to keep current about trends in agreement practice.
• Ability to work under time constraints, workload, and high value pressures, and to work independently.
• Attention to detail, multitask, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Organization skills to maintain large amounts of data
• Good common sense and application of same/judgment.
• Good communication skills, written and oral, to ensure message clarity.
• Ability to ask the right questions.
• Some business acumen.
• Negotiating skills.
Painted Post, NY
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Paralegal - Manufacturing Industry
Location: Painted Post, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 347973
Posted Date: 11/26/2018