Systems Engineer - Virginia, VA
Exciting 6+ month contract opportunity for a Windows Server Engineer with one of the world’s largest communication companies to work onsite at our client location in Herndon, VA. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a global communication and IT services company focused on connecting people to the power of the digital world. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Lead the program effort to translate the client's business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs and deliver innovative business consulting, business process design, systems integration, and support application design. Exercises latitude to translate the needs of the business into system capabilities in the form of system requirement specifications. Understand and support the architecture with the ability and expertise to develop overall solution to support the architectural direction. Perform research and development activities to support future IT business strategies. Lead the support of clients by consulting and recommending solutions.
• Provide data support; including data design, installation and maintenance for new and current installations.
• Provide primary engineering design and configuration for data systems in line with Managed Services customer goals and requirements
• Evaluate new technical requirements for compatibility with deployed system design
• Evaluate new products for compatibility and applicability to the Managed Services solutions
• Maintain current knowledge base regarding complex routing, switching
• Monitor and analyze performance across customer networks and underlying MS Tools deployments as required for Managed Services.
• Provide high-level technical & engineering support for network performance management configurations, troubleshooting, and service restoration along with an understanding of switching, routing as it would affect performance management.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues
• Provide high-level off-hours support on a rotating basis with other engineers
• Develop and oversee subordinate level technical methods, procedures, and assist with complex technical solution designs. Develop & document process flows.
• Identify capacity and performance issues for network traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of systems.
• Maintain network monitoring applications, equipment and utilities as needed.
• Conduct testing of disaster recovery plans as it pertains to network performance management equipment to detect faults, and minimize malfunctions.
• Create and maintain network documentation and reports as required
• Act as liaison between Managed Services and other vendors (e.g. Cisco & Solarwinds) on high-level support issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft Windows Server or Solarwinds Subject Matter Expert
- VMWare and NSX Experience
3 years current hands on experience with the following:
• Windows Server management and configuration and/or Solarwinds management and configuration
• Isolation of telecom and/or network outage causes and service restorations including understanding Cisco characteristics
• Direct customer interaction communication skills
• Proficient PC skills in office applications and network connectivity configuration
• Proficient presentation skills for presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
• Must be available 24/7 for outages and maintenance window work.
• Strong communication (oral and written), customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Cisco Layer 2 & 3 switch and router configuration and management
• Solarwinds Certified Professional certification
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Virginia, VA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348032
Posted Date: 11/26/2018