Lead Software Engineer - Littleton, CO
This position is in a software development team that focuses on products and services aimed at telecommunications customers. Services may be deployed in the cloud as part of a public networking platform or as part of a private service delivery framework. The team is part of a larger agile product development group within the CTO organization involved in the CenturyLink innovation process.
The role requires strong software development skills, as well as software and hardware testing. As part of a development team, the candidate will be responsible for creating quality software products delivered within agreed timeboxes. This is a highly collaborative process, working closely with other developers and product owners to iteratively refine and release product features to market. This includes testing to functional and systems integration acceptance criteria. A mixture of white box and black box test cases is typical, with a strong emphasis on automation. The build and deploy process is highly automated with many tools for continuous integration.
The candidate must be open minded and proactive about career development. They will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes, including researching and experimenting with tools and techniques. This will involve knowledge sharing across development teams as best practices evolve within the group. There should be a passion for working in a product R&D environment innovating new services and evolving complex architectures to ultimately simplify and improve the customer experience.
Work experience should be a minimum of 5 years in dev/test roles, preferably on agile teams. Directly relevant experience to the immediate job requirements and technologies is highly desired. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in telecommunications or similar engineering applications. For example, troubleshooting services with real time components for signaling and media transport across multiple networks, devices and protocol stacks.
Minimum educational qualifications are for a Bachelors degree in a technical subject, ideally Computer Science or Engineering. Preference will be given to candidates with a Masters degree, ideally in Computer Science or Engineering field.
- Participate in release and iteration planning to scope out user needs.
- Offer input on acceptance criteria and estimation of tasks.
- Define user stories, develop solutions and document APIs, etc. for public consumption.
- Automate test cases for iteration and integration testing.
- Execute and deliver on plans within the timebox agreed.
- Document, track, measure and report defects and other quality incidents.
- Coordinate use of resources including lab environments for builds and configurations.
- Communicate within team and external partners on status of development, resource constraints, roadblocks and needs.
- Collaborate with other participants to produce quality deliverables together.
- iOS, Android, MacOS, Linux, Windows
- Spring, Vert.x, Ajax, iBatis
- GiT, Artifactory, Jenkins, Electric Commander
- Cloud Micro Services, Web Services, Bus Services, Web Sockets
- Weblogic, OCCAS, Tomcat, Tibco, Oracle DBMS, SPiDR
- Cordova, Phonegap, webRTC, Webstorm, Xcode
- SoapUI, SOATest, Wireshark, TCPdump, PCAP, SIPp
- Selenium, QualityCenter, Coverity
- Rally, Bugzilla, Trello
Oversee the development of future component architectures and migration plans. Conceive, design, prototype, and test new methods, algorithms, and models. Define and enforce appropriate technical standards and procedures. 6-8 years experience
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Littleton, CO
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348062
Posted Date: 11/26/2018