Product Engineer-Chassis Systems - Auburn Hills, MI
This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components and/or systems. Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management. Engineering role will also require individual to manage program development and report status, issues and recovery plans. The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required (written, verbal and presentation skills).
Chassis Department: Steering Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent).
- Minimum experience requirements: Prior experience in engineering development and production release in steering systems OR 2+ years engineering development experience in suspension systems or overall Chassis (components or systems).
- Experience levels required here should be outside of internships and co-ops.
- Demonstrated passion to work in automotive industry.
- Experience with component and system design, development and validation including system level bench testing and vehicle level testing for steering systems.
- Validation skills and experience with setting up and testing of structural components.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is required (excellent written, verbal and presentation skills).
- Ability to perform basic design activities in NX/Teamcenter related to vehicle packaging and design of components.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Will be required to travel domestically 0-20%.
- May be required to travel internationally. 0-20%.
- May be required to drive a company car (i.e. testing purposes).
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record required.
This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components- specifically, electric steering systems (EPS) / steering systems and components.
Auburn Hills, MI
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer-Chassis Systems
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348067
Posted Date: 11/28/2018