Quality Control Engineer - Alpharetta, GA
Position : Quality Control Engineer
Location : Alpharetta, GA 30004
Duration : 3 months contract with possible extension.
• Review contracts and customer documentation to identify and plan for software quality activities
• Supports and/or leads development and execution of software quality assurance plans in order to comply with military and commercial specifications.
• Able to assure software development process is executed according to customer requirements and internal plans through process audits, reviews and evaluations.
• Supports and/or leads the entire software development and verification process from beginning to end; Generate results reports and software quality records.
• Able to complete Bids/Proposals.
• Able to develop software quality metrics and conduct process improvement activities.
• Directly interface with outsource development and verification vendors ensuring that requirements are clearly communicated and resulting product meets all requirements.
• Able to provide customer support by way of responding to questions/emails, leading customer audits and test witnessing.
• Supports and/or leads process audits, evaluations and reviews, generate and publish objective results, and verify effective corrective action implementations.
• Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Standards.
• Responsible for working in a manner consistent with established safety rules and regulations and the use and maintenance of required personal protective equipment (example: safety glasses).
• Performs job duties in accordance with approved procedures established in support of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Works under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects which have significant effect on the success of a sub-process/small project task.
• Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
• 5 or more years of related technical experience.
• Demonstrates understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
• Ability to perform or learn skills in troubleshooting, problem solving, and decision making under the guidance of peers/superiors when appropriate.
• Applies engineering theories/concepts/principles to achieve technical specifications and objectives. Completes assignments and projects within a set schedule. Works effectively in a team environment.
• Experience utilizing Software Quality Assurance specifications such as MIL-STD-45208, MIL-Q-9858, AS9100, AS9006, AS9115 and TQM principles
• Practical work experience utilizing process improvement and problem solving techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, Lean Initiatives, SPC, Pareto Charts, Fishbone Diagrams.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing skills required and ability to make presentations to management, customers and vendors.
• Knowledge of Cost Accounting, budgeting and estimate to completion are desired.
• Ability to work without supervision. Independent problem solver.
• Work well and accomplish tasks within a cross functional team.
• Experience conducting audits.
• American Society for Quality's 'Certified Software Quality Engineer' certification is preferred but not required.
• Experience implementing CMMI program is preferred but not required.
• Works with other disciplines to support goals of the business. Possesses foresight in identifying future problems and proposes potential solutions to the team (proactive).
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Quality Control Engineer
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348083
Posted Date: 11/27/2018