Product Engineer - Allen Park, MI
- Weight prediction utilizing OEM processes for parametric and analytical methods in order to provide weight estimation of a vehicles loads and reactions at various loading conditions.
- Manages data in support of legal labelling and spring selection.
- Creation and maintenance of Mass & Capabilities Strategy to provide a Leadership position against competitor OEM products.
- Advancing the WEIGHT Strategy through discussion & agreements with other vehicle attributes and program leadership.
- Determination of mass distributions and inertia characteristics that are inputs to structural and dynamic analyses as well as NVH and safety. Statistical analysis of vehicle weighing & part weight auditing.
- Preparation of data for input to Program, Certification Engineering, and federal labeling requirements, inquires from NHTSA and EPA, as well as supporting Marketing’s need for public facing weight information.
- Develop and deliver global platform and vehicle mass strategies to optimize customer attributes and Fuel Economy / Emission/ Safety certifications simultaneously in multiple global markets.
- Develop CAE models to predict future vehicle / commodity systems ideal states, utilizing statistical, deterministic and parametric modeling techniques .
- Creative thinker who is capable of developing solutions to difficult multivariable problems
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who have a passion for taking on complex system engineering challenges
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required for presenting analysis to management and working with interfacing attribute teams
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Experience in working with collaborative / distributed teams
- Experience with CAE tools (CATIA, TeamCenter
1-2 years experience in an Engineering discipline (i.e. Internship) or demonstrated application of engineering skills as a research assistant / project leader within the degree program
2+ years experience in Engineering discipline (i.e. Internship) or demonstrated application of engineering skills as a research assistant / project leader within the degree program
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial) or Bachelors of Science in Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science
Allen Park, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Product Engineer
Location: Allen Park, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348630
Posted Date: 11/30/2018