Warehouse Clerk - Torrance, CA
Position: Warehouse Clerk
Requirement: Minimum of (2 year) Warehouse / shipping and receiving experience
Status: Full-Time Employee (Non-Exempt) with Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance. 401K, Paid Vacation/Sick days/ Holidays)
Work hours: Mon-Fri (8:00am-5:00pm) (Overtime required)
Location: Torrance CA
Hourly Pay: $13-$14/h (DOE)
Overtime: Some overtime is required (depends on condition overtime hours varies from 0hr to 3h+/week)
An international freight forwarder is looking for a warehouse clerk on the full-time employee status.
This position would not require a lot of typing nor forklifting, probably less than 5% per week of the time. Not requiring strong PC skill.
Main job would be handling materials such as receiving packages, scanning, labeling and placing packages to specific places.
Essential Job Duties (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview):
• Use of scale & bar code scanners
• Receive inbound shipments from UPS, FED-EX, DHL, and other carriers
• Shipping, receiving, storage, picking & handling of material.
• Inventory Inspection upon receipt & complete necessary documents
• Cycle Count and conduct Semi-Annual Physical Inventory
• Label printers / labeling of products & barcode scan verification
• Use of Dock Levers, Stretch wrap, battery chargers, Forklift / pallet jack operation / dolly
• 5S Cleaning Activities
• Perform other related duties as required by a Supervisor
Education: High school diploma or GED
Required Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Physical Demands: Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
On time responsiveness and due date consciousness
Strong teamwork oriented, good oral / written communication and good organizational skills
Ability to prioritize and perform multi tasks in a fast paced environment & quickly learn new tasks.