Network/Systems Engineer - Palo Alto, CA
Senior level network and systems engineering talent and experience. Most of your teammates will be in different time zones, so effective independence and comfort with remote collaboration is a must.
You should be as comfortable tossing up a BSD router in a pinch as you are designing and maintaining the connections between globally distributed MPLS clouds. We don’t need to list routing protocols, you already know them. You should be able to offer and deliver solutions using many technologies, and not be bound to one vendor. While this position is network-heavy, you should be comfortable in physical and virtualized environments for both networking and systems. Pivotal is a Mac shop on the front end and a *nix shop on the backend. You should also be familiar with cloud-based infrastructures such as vSphere, AWS and GCP.
Qualifications and factors for success:
- 5+ years’ experience with small, medium and/or enterprise infrastructures.
- Very strong networking skill and competency from Layer 2 to Layer 7, bonus for Cisco and Juniper experience.
- Strong security skills including firewall experience, bonus for Palo Alto Networks.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies such as vSphere, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Strong experience with multiple flavors of *nix and Windows.
- Programming skill in relevant languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl, is desirable.
- The ability to develop creative solutions to problems, complex and mundane.
- Strong team collaboration skills along with the ability to work independently.
- Experience working with globally distributed networks, sites and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels of technical expertise and seniority , inside and outside the organization, both verbally and in writing.
Palo Alto, CA
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Network/Systems Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348799
Posted Date: 12/4/2018