Mechanical Technician - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for an Electrical Technician to work onsite in Wilmington, NC. While this is a 12+ month contract position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
Provides first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues in the department. Works hands-on with manufacturing equipment and activities. Identifies and supports process improvements.
Uses judgment, experience and initiative to resolve problems and make recommendations.
• Provide first, second and third level troubleshooting of equipment/process issues
• Receive training from engineering in technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas, on new processes/equipment and/or on procedural changes
• Serve as a SME in specific technical areas to minimize engineering production support requirements
• Develop/maintain a system to keep production teams current on process, equipment and procedures
• Work with support groups and production teams to coordinate and direct equipment start-up, repair, troubleshooting, and process changes
• Preventive Maintenance support
• Receive training in new processes/equipment and/or procedure changes from engineering
• Provide technical training for associates
Two year electrical/mechanical technical degree preferred (Will consider experienced candidates with demonstrated skills).
No Degree - 10+ years of work experience.
2 year degree - 5+ years of work experience.
4 year degree - 3+ years of experience.
• Need electrical background and experience
• Candidates should have some PLC knowledge. PLC programming is not required, but any higher level PLC experience will be a strong qualifier.
• Experience troubleshooting electrical circuits.
• Good process and equipment troubleshooting skills
• Mechanically and electrically inclined (aptitude for both)
• Capable of using Diagnostic equipment
• Basic understanding of PLC
• PC - Data Analysis (PI, etc.)
• Electrical test equipment
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 348868
Posted Date: 12/5/2018