Order Entry/ Purchasing Assistant - Torrance, CA
Order Entry/ Purchasing Assistant
A global manufacturing company is looking for an Order Entry/ Purchasing Assistant who can work in the fast-paced working environment.
The ideal candidate has the strong professional writing skills in emails (to vendors and clients) as well as good order entry/processing and customer service skills.
A position is a temp full-time position (40 hours/week); however, depends on your performance, it can converted into direct-hire full-time employee position (40 hours/week with benefits).
Essential Duties (Not Official: Please ask the interviewer for more details)
• Process order entries of purchase orders into the Sales Chart, Batch Master, PeachTree software and make copies of purchase orders and hand over to production side
• Check over prices with technical side
• Fill out order request sheets
• Communicate with customers and vendors over emails with professional manner as well as answer and make phone calls
• Process inventory input, schedule input, order confirmations (email and fax)
• Support batch closing and make labels, MSDS, and packing slips for UPS and DDS
• Assist inventory Adjustment (once a month) and closing
• Input Production Schedule into Shipping instruction Template. Having (A) customer’s filled in Blue and emailed to (A) company every morning. And fill the remaining Direct customer’s in red.
• Place Raw Material orders in accordance to production needs as requested by Production manager.
• Negotiate pricing and freight cost.
• Research new Suppliers and request information on Data
• Input Color Formulation Data in Batch Master Software for both Pigment and Master Batch forms.
• Support Sales group in providing information while they’re out in the field.
• Keep Sales Chart file updated with the Production and Shipping Dates for Forecasting ease.
• Communicate with (A) company and certain direct customers to verify shipping dates.
• Schedule and call a local trucking company shipping for Local Raw material pick-ups and Direct customer deliveries.
• Produce and prepare shipment documents for UPS. Place barcode labels on boxes and carry to loading dock section of warehouse.
• Sending Packing slips and tracking numbers to customers accordingly.
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
Bachelor’s Degree or higher education background and/ or related working experiences
Strong business email writing skills
Strong communication skills to provide good customer services