Procurement Specialist - Menlo Park, CA
Our client pushes the boundaries of innovation and imagination every day, driving the most advanced R&D from the lab to the real world. We’re looking for people who have a passion to make a difference and bring enthusiasm and commitment.
• Are you able to move beyond merely executing tasks but analyze processes, drive decisions and outcomes because you truly understand how to create value?
• Are you adept at troubleshooting and building great relationships?
• Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and invigorate an organization?
If you are, join our Team.
The Team currently has openings for procurement professionals (Buyers or Senior Buyers) in either our Menlo Park, CA headquarters or Princeton, New Jersey locations. These positions will be responsible for procuring goods and services in support of all departments.
• Managing time effectively under limited supervision
• Negotiating favorable pricing and terms and conditions
• Driving process improvements and cost savings
• Issuing RFP/RFQ’s for materials and services
• Maintaining quotes and executing purchase orders
• Developing and managing suppliers/vendors/partners
• Documenting compliance requirements
• Reviewing and executing contracts, agreements
• Working on solving invoice issues & challenges relating to delivery, quality or pricing are resolved in a timely manner
• Knowledge of procurement practices/procedures, material management, accounting, and receiving.
• Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and some knowledge of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and government procurement experience a plus
• Proven analytical thinking, sound judgment and time management skills. Ability to manage workload, prioritize work and multi-task effectively.
• Strong Problem Solving skills; understands how to break-down a problem, drives for root cause and corrective actions. Able to think outside the box.
• Comfortable with Change; Ability to learn new skills; tackle new skills with enthusiasm and attention to detail
• Strong Procurement professional skills (negotiations, cost analysis, price analysis, sourcing, quotes, RFP/RFQ's, and proposal review) to ultimately drive cost savings
• BS/BA in a business related discipline plus 2 years of experience in a related field.
• SAP Ariba experience is a plus.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
• Experience may be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree.
Menlo Park, CA
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 349701
Posted Date: 12/17/2018