Electrical Floor Support Engineer - York, PA
Job Title: Jr. Electrical Floor Support Engineer
Job Location: York, PA
Hourly Rate: $31.75/hr
- We currently have an opening in York, PA for a Jr. Level Electrical Floor Support Engineer to work the weekend shift (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) for a Major Defense Contractor on a Military Vehicle Program.
- In this role, the engineer researches, plans, designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates electronic and electrical systems.
- Wiring harness repair including (but not limit to) jacket tear, wire cut, connector replacement - However, primarily will be troubleshooting electrical issues when one arises during test.
- Recommends design approaches for new or improved products and processes.
- Provides engineering consultation to other technical groups.
- Conducts and supports subsystem and system integration and verification activities, manufacturing and test planning, and failure analysis.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
- Contributes to troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and determines root causes of failures recommending changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Applies basic knowledge of the design of organization's products and technology to solve moderately complex and clearly defined engineering problems.
- Performs electrical engineering work which is specific in nature and requires knowledge and application of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts to complete assignments under direct technical supervision.
- Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure engineering projects meet technical, cost, quality, and performance requirements.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation, and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Performs electrical and/or electronic repairs using approved methods.
- Possesses the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of Electrical Engineering.
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering tools.
- Manufacturing experience is a plus as this position is hands-on and actively supports on the floor.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to prepare written technical reports, papers, and presentations;
- Experience using lab test equipment (oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN, DAC/ADC converters) for test and verification is a must;
- The candidate must have the ability to access and move about a large military vehicle during integration and test activities;
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering is required; co-op/internship or relevant work experience is a plus
- This is a weekend shift position, Hours are 5:00AM - 5:30PM, Friday through Sunday, and possibly weekdays (6:00AM - 3:30PM).
- Will work a 12 hour shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (36 hours), but will be paid 40 hours.
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Electrical Floor Support Engineer
Location: York, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 349717
Posted Date: 12/13/2018