IT Operations Technician - Tulsa, OK
Job title: IT Operations Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK
Duration: 12 months to FTE
- Strong working knowledge and experience on Metro Ethernet and IP communications (IPv4, IPv6, routing protocols).
- Technical knowledge and experience on contemporary technologies (e.g. MPLS, TDM, Ethernet, eLAN-eLine, TCP/IP, BGP, QoS, IP, etc.).
- Proactively monitor and respond to and resolve network alarms.
- Perform circuit and equipment/network restoration, recognize potential jeopardy conditions and notify management and Program Office with risk potential and impact assessments.
- Management of circuits (T1 100Gb, Ethernet & IP), perform testing and activation of new network circuits as well as long-haul, metro and international optical networks.
- Work very closely with Federal government NOC customers for all demand and scheduled maintenance to conform to customer network management requirements and protocols.
- Analyze network troubles, assess performance data and develop design optimization plans accordingly.
- Interface with fiber vendors, telecom providers and other entities on complex technical matters. Participate as a Lead/SME to select customers to participate in regular customer meetings, procedural reviews, audits, and other functions.
- Review and interpret EDPs and as-built engineering documentation.
- Coordinate and track RMA requests, including vendor interface to obtain RMA authorization requests and completion of RMA submittal forms.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with SONET based, long-haul and metro transport networks, next-generation DWDM wavelength systems, SDH networks with SNCP rings, DCCS cross-connect systems and/or Ethernet, VPLS, IP, MPLS.
- Preferred Cisco CCIP, CCDP, CCNP certifications, Juniper or ALU data networking equivalent.
- Previous experience with broadband and/or narrowband circuit maintenance, testing and restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations.
- Previous experience with routers, IP protocols, configurations, interfaces is strongly preferred.
- Analyze, test and repair Layer 2/3 network problems.
- Ensure services conform to customer mandated SLAs for latency, packet loss, jitter, throughput.
- Ability to test using standard protocols, as well as Iperf and Brix platforms.
- Demonstrated leadership profile to manage customer networks, proactively track and escalate issues, engage resources to expedite service/network outages, professional interaction skills with customers and management.
- Ability to relate technical issues to management and Govt personnel.
- Prior experience with Transport platforms (i.e. Nortel, Cisco, Ciena, Lucent and Tellabs) and Data platforms (Cisco, Juniper, Adtran).
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple issues simultaneously through effective work prioritization.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and logical thinking when under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach and develop technical skill set of shift technicians.
- Previous experience with Govt networks and customers.
- Ability to interface in a professional manner with management and customer is essential.
- Flexibility with regard to work levels and shift accommodation is imperative.
- Associate degree in Engineering, Electronics, Software, or Networks; or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Operations Technician
Location: Tulsa, OK
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 349860
Posted Date: 12/12/2018