Mechanical Technician - Addison, NY
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Mechanical Technician in Addison, NY. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
Hours 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
1) Responsible to ensure line performance meets goals daily
2) Ensure that mechanical issues are identified, and repaired quickly and effectively
3) Identify root cause, develop and implement long term solutions
4) Work with cross-functional groups to develop solutions
5) Complete mechanical design, and drawings
6) Work with vendors to quote designs, and get items built to specification
7) SME for line they are assigned to
8) Work with skilled trades to ensure that repairs are effective and appropriate
9) Work with project teams to analyze, and improve process, and mechanical systems
Manager must have: Two year degree in an engineering field or a technical program. Work experience in place of the degree may be considered on a limited case by case basis. 2+ years of experience. Microsoft Suite a must, CAD/Solid Works a big plus.
The primary roles of this position is to monitor, manufacturing asset performance against goals daily. This person will utilize data, and communication with operators to evaluate failures, opportunities, and needs. They will be responsible to work with skilled tradesman, engineers, and operations to ensure that repairs, changes, and improvements are completed, safely, efficiently, and effectively. In addition this person will work with design team, fabricators, and other groups to get items created, and manufactured that will be used either to repair, or improve our production assets. When required this person will need to be able to utilize Solid Works, and AutoCAD to design components, and small assemblies.
PPE will be required: Steel toed shoes and safety glasses. Candidate must provide own shoes, standard issue safety glasses will be provided. No reimbursement for shoes or prescription safety glasses.
Associates degree, Mechanical/Technical based program
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Addison, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 349901
Posted Date: 12/13/2018