Assistant Supervisor, Transloading - Torrance, CA
Position: Assistant Supervisor, Transloading Customer Service
Work hours: Mon-Fri (8:30am-5:30pm)
Location: Torrance CA
Hourly Pay: $22-$23/h (DOE)
The global Freight Forwarder in Torrance, CA is looking for an Assistant Supervisor.
The ideal candidates must have knowledge of logistics flow, teamwork oriented personality with strong communication skills as well as ability to work under pressure and fast-paced environment.
On-time response and consciousness is the key.
At least 10 years of related experience is a must.
Established back in 1960s, this company is one the leading international freight forwarding and logistics companies delivering one-stop solutions throughout their world network.
They have developed comprehensive freight forwarding and logistics services to the clients especially in the manufacturing industries with their specialized logistics technology.
Essential Job Duties (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview):
• Supporting supervisor in accordance with instructions from supervisor
• (incl. analysis of vendors’ performance, proposal for increasing profitability, research vendors, etc)
• Arranging and managing import shipments’ pick and local delivery (Ocean FCL, LCL)
• Communicating with clients’ customs broker to complete required customs entry filings in time.
• Arranging and managing outbound shipments by FTL and LTL trucks, Fedex, UPS
• Imputing incoming and outgoing shipments’ data information into excel file and keep it updated.
• Creating reports for clients
• Creating reports for internal purposes
• Overall Coordination of : Ocean shipment, Air shipment, Domestics transportation, Warehousing /Transloading.
• Instruct loading plan, Scheduling for delivery, Request customs entries.
• Overall Coordination among customer, overseas offices, contracted supplier and partnered forwarding companies for inbound shipments.
• (include warehouse, transportation and customs broker)
• Overseas and trains subordinates performance.
Minimum 10 years of experience in ocean import shipment pick up at CY/CFS and local delivery arrangement
Minimum 10 years of experience in US Domestic Truck (LTL & FTL) shipments’ arrangement
Experience in working at FTL or LTL carriers or truck broker companies
Understand ocean import related and truck BOLs related documents
Intermediate skill in MS Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, word, Power point)