Controls Engineer - Fairport, NY
- Encompasses technological and operating principles contained in all aspects of electrical communications, especially computer algorithms, architecture, operating systems, and software, for the usage, maintenance, and troubleshooting of computers and electronic devices used to control machines and manufacturing processes.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Requires thorough understanding and application of standard engineering or scientific theories, concepts, principles, and techniques.
- Requires the ability to develop and resolve solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Works under general direction with defined objectives.
- Approach is consistent with established procedures.
- Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy.
- Contacts are primarily internal and may be outside of the immediate work group or organization.
- Rather infrequent external contacts.
Education: BS Minimum
Experience: 3+ Years
Manager Must Haves:
- Strong organizational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- C/C++; Matlab
- Familiarity with basic electronics and measurements using test equipment such as DMMs and Oscilloscopes.
- Read and understand schematics
- Familiarity with motors and control systems
- Understanding of data acquisition hardware and software
- Mathematical analysis skills
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Fairport, NY
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350095
Posted Date: 12/17/2018