Import/Export Customer Service Manager - Torrance, CA
Position: Import/Export Customer Service Manager
Work hours: Mon-Fri (8:30am-5:30pm)
Location: Torrance CA
Compensation: $65K~ (DOE)
The global Freight Forwarder in Torrance, CA is looking for their Import and Export Customer Service Manager role.
This position is responsible for managing the daily fielding of Import and Export Operation group as well as contributing company's growth by managing the business of international freight forwarding while maintaining Customers’ satisfaction.
Essential Job Duties (Not Official: Please ask for more details during your interview):
• Manage, oversee and supervise the business of Import and Export Operation group
• Establish Operational Structure for Export & Import Freight Forwarding
• Arrange the shipments as requested by customers in the manner that contribute company’s sales, profitability and maintain the quality of service.
• Troubleshoot on customer’s claims and complains, incidents and work with related parties to close the case.
• Resolve and collect the unpaid invoices with customers.
• Make a proposal, service quote and present to clients, and conclude the service agreements/contracts.
• Draw up budget of Import and Export Operation group and monitor, analyze the results.
• Create and maintain SOP and Train employees. Develop problem solving in team and motivate employees.
• Propose to immediate supervisor or company’s internal groups for the purpose of company’s increasing sales and profitability, of maintaining and increasing customer satisfaction, quality of service.
• Negotiate and complete contracts/agreements for activities related to the transportation, customs related services both domestically and internationally.
• Maintain company's business related licenses, certificates, bonds and keep the records required by government issued those license and certificates.
• Updating himself/herself about the various rules, policies and programs of company’s business related licenses, certificates and train company’s employees if required.
• Contact, visit existing and potential clients including business trips to obtain new business.
• Perform for special projects, other duties including business trip when instructed by managements.
Over 15 years of strong experience of international freight forwarding business.
Over 13 years of strong experience in working at U.S. Based FMC Licensed NVOCC Companies.
Experience in working at US Domestic land carriers, forwarders Companies.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Japanese/English Bilingual preferred but not mandatory
High School Diploma or GED