SOC Analyst - Collierville, TN
Looking to hire a SOC Analyst in Collierville, TN
The SOC Analysts will:
* Provide reasonable monitoring 24x7x365 to support monitoring requirements of the environment
* Provide analysis of identified incidents, notify the appropriate parties to remediate, and manage the lifecycle of the incident, as reasonably required
This is a contract to hire role.
The SOC is staffed on a rotating basis. All staff participates on the rotation, and must be available to work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts.
CompTIA Security+ certification is a huge plus.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Information Technology or equivalent four (4) year degree
- Ability to complete ArcSight Administrator and Analyst Certification and Security+ certifications within 9 Months
- Understanding of ArcSight and/or Splunk
- Ability to understand basic Windows, UNIX and TCP/IP routing and navigation and troubleshooting of the OS. Demonstrated understanding of the file system, permissions, services, and administrative applications.
- Ability to understand basic firewall concepts. Ability to recognize rules and understand operation.
- Ability to understand basic host IDS/IPS concepts
- Ability to understand basic Database concepts
- Basic understanding of Antivirus technology
- Ability to understand Encryption concepts
- Ability to understand scripting tools or programming languages
- Basic understanding of common network services like HTTP(s), SMTP, DNS, FTP, ping, traceroute, etc., and basic Boolean logic operations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Pass a criminal background check
- Pass a drug test
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: SOC Analyst
Location: Collierville, TN
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350276
Posted Date: 2/11/2019