Proposal Manager - Menlo Park, CA
Our client is organized around broad disciplines and capabilities, from R&D divisions, labs and centers to groups who excel at identifying new opportunities and developing products and custom solutions. Their teams are driven to solve important, difficult challenges and to transform ideas into reality for clients and partners.
They are seeking a Proposal Manager / Program Manager professional who has proven proposal management and writing expertise for the Federal sector and is a self-starter interested in working on dynamic teams developing cutting edge biomedical and biotechnology platforms and solutions. The Proposal Manager will work collaboratively with technical teams to prepare winning proposals and transition to ensure effective program management of select awards. The candidate will ensure effective communications and timely preparation and delivery of high quality, compliant and competitive proposal products. The ideal candidate enjoys and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and can manage multiple concurrent initiatives.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Proposal Manager / Program Manager will be a critical communications, operations, and business resource within our client’s Corporate Federal Business Development (FBD) teams.
Be a champion for strategic proposal initiatives and transition to successful programs.
• Maintain a close relationship with the Federal Business Development and technical teams and actively participate in capture management activities during the pre-solicitation phase
• Review and understand government solicitations to include draft Request for Proposal (RFP), final RFPs, amendments, questions and answers, and final proposal revisions
• Assume direct ownership of the proposal for entire proposal lifecycle, including post-submission support to contract award
• Deconstruct RFPs, create proposal outlines and compliance matrices, and develop annotated writing templates for writers and Subject Matter Experts (SME) developing quality content
• Manage all proposal activities to include planning, conducting, and facilitating kickoff meetings, storyboarding, standup meetings, reviews, and final approval submission
• Maintain clear and effective communications, setting expectations, assigning roles and responsibilities to all team members
• Drive proposal content from contributors, writers, SMEs and reviewers to the proposal outline and schedule and assure that the proposal is compliant, compelling and persuasive in accordance with the solicitation requirements.
• Develop content for non-technical portions of the proposal response such as staffing, management, resumes and past performance.
• Integrate capture strategy, win-themes, customer hot buttons, discriminator/differentiators, and ghosting techniques throughout the proposal
• Serve as member of review teams and act as overall team review lead
• Provide mentoring and training of proposal team and define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement
• Manage the technical and programmatic components of resulting awards to ensure compliance with timeline, financial, and technical reporting deliverables.
• Work closely with and support cross-functional teams to manage communication with the Federal stakeholders. Be familiar with and close enough to details of the programs to deal with the Federal stakeholders on the various day-to-day issues.
• Leverage an understanding of the research, development and commercialization of new drugs and / or technologies to provide input on program activities, with focus on creating scientific and technical presentation materials for advancement of the technologies.
• B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in related field (i.e., chemistry, biology, bioengineering, etc.)
• Five (5) or more years demonstrated hands-on proposal management experience with federal government proposals, i.e., DoD, DARPA, IARPA
• Strong knowledge of biomedical/biotechnology product development
• Project management skills and ability to work in matrixed teams is required. Proposal Management Certification (i.e., APMP or Shipley) or Project Management Certification (i.e., PMP® or CAPM®) is a plus
• US SECRET level clearance, or ability to obtain one, is a plus
Menlo Park, CA
United States of America
Sales & Marketing / Marketing
Temp to Hire Position
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Proposal Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Type: Temp to Hire Position
Reference ID: 350279
Posted Date: 12/17/2018