CNC Programmer / Machinist and Part Fabricator - Haw River, NC
CNC Programmer / Machinist and Part Fabricator
- Works independently or as part of a diverse fabrication team creating prototype parts, assemblies, and/or vehicles in Power Equipment development. Acting functional leader of department machine shop.
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 3 and 5 axis machining centers
- Ability to design and fixture complicated setups on manual and CNC machines
- Ability to calculate speeds and feeds for multiple materials
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
Working knowledge of the following machines:
- a. Mill, manual and CNC b. Lathe, manual and CNC c. Saws d. WaterJet e. Welding using Tig & Mig equipment
- Weld from a variety of positions to obtain proper strength and appearance.
- Responsible for selecting tooling for specific applications (Sandvik)
- Machine parts to print and/or other special requirements
- Ability to utilize measurement equipment to qualify completed parts
- Experience using forklifts and the physical ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Minimum 5+ years experience writing CNC programs in a machining environment and tool path creation
- CAD/CATIA experience required
- Proficiency with Catia Advanced Machining Workbench a plus
- Demonstrates proficiency with CAD (CATIA) , CAM software and G-code
- Experience with any CAD System, not limited to CATIA only: Mastercam, GibbsCam is acceptable
- Manual and CNC operator experience required
- Fabricate and/or modify metal parts and components from blue prints or 3D data.
- Demonstrates strong time management skills with the ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects
- Experience operating post processors a plus
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Programs/Operates CNC/Manual mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs, metric system
- Sets-up CNC/Manual mills and lathes by installing and adjusting chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, Power Point
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong teamwork and people skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including handling problem situations with customers
- Computer skills, attention to detail, organized, with critical-thinking skills a must
- Willing to learn
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Patient and flexible in changing directions
- Some electrical /electronic experience preferred
- Honda experience is preferred but not required
- Post-processing additive manufacturing parts, gluing, sanding, cleaning and/or modifying plastic parts
Haw River, NC
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: CNC Programmer / Machinist and Part Fabricator
Location: Haw River, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350286
Posted Date: 1/10/2019