IT Lab Systems Administrator (HP HW); - Alpharetta, GA
Long Term Contract Opportunity to work in a cutting edge Technology lab for one of the industry's leaders.
Shift: Tuesday-Friday, 10AM-11PM (Four 10 hour shifts)
Key Skills: Windows/Linux Server, HP Hardware (Blade Servers/Proliant Servers), Networking or Storage skills
This candidate must be a motivated, organized, and solution-oriented team player to work in our state of the art remote training lab. This individual is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, maintenance and support of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure used to deliver HPE training solutions. They participate in technical research, planning, design and development to enable continued innovation within the environment, and also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational standards and quality.
This individual will work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects at the same time with varying complexities, and will provide ongoing support to production environments. They will perform all aspects of the job as required to run the vLabs and operations, including (but not limited to) the receipt and breakdown of equipment, setup (rack/stack/cable/label) of equipment, design/development of courses, and support of deliveries.
These activities also include project requirement documentation, equipment requests, research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development to production by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
Knowledge and Skills
This individual is accountable for the following systems: HPE Servers (ProLiant, Blades, Synergy) running Linux, Windows or VMware systems, FC and iSCSI shared storage, L2/L3 managed switches; Responsibilities on these systems include engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation. Experience with servers, scalable or distributed computing technologies and platforms. Direct implementation experience with virtualization technology, distributed systems, networking or storage systems. Experience working with Program Managers, instructors and Subject Matter Experts to deliver innovative technology solutions.
• High probability of off-shift work (evening, overnight and/or weekends) – required
• Proven working experience with servers (preferred HPE DL/BL/SL series servers) – required
• Experience with managed network switches (HPE, Cisco, Juniper, etc.) – required
• Solid understanding of network technologies, L2/L3 managed switches ,including IPv4 stack, subnets, routing, VLANs – required
• Ability to troubleshoot problems (identification, characterization, documentation and resolution) – required
• Experience with FC or iSCSI or FCOE shared storage – desired
• General knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 and their main services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) – desired
• General knowledge Linux - RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu – desired
• General knowledge of VMware vSphere 5.x / 6.x product line– desired
• Experience with scripting Linux shell, PowerShell / PowerCLI – desired
Candidates with experience in positions such as:
• Infrastructure systems administrator
• Systems administrator (mid/senior, generalist (meaning they have worked with both Windows and Linux) and was exposed to hardware/infrastructure.)
• Systems integrator (integrated solutions HW + Linux or windows or both)
• Infrastructure engineers
• Data center engineers
• ANY VMware, Microsoft, Linux, or Hardware certification would be a plus.
United States of America
Information Technology / IT - Systems
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: IT Lab Systems Administrator (HP HW);
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350623
Posted Date: 12/23/2018