Manufacturing / Weld Engineer - Johnstown, PA
Job Title: Sr. Manufacturing / Weld Engineer
Job Location: Johnstown, PA
Hourly Rate: $46.50hr
- We currently have an opening in Johnstown, PA for a Sr. Manufacturing / Weld Engineer to work on a Military Vehicle program.
- The Sr Manufacturing Engineer, Weld will provide engineering support for welding and possibly manual drill operations in the manufacture of combat products.
- Will train and guide operators on the manufacturing processes.
- The ME will develop concepts, designs, performance, and fabrication, test, and modifications for these products.
- Recommends weld equipment and perishable tools for manual machine operation.
- Prepares and conducts weld engineering analysis of materials and procedures, engaged in weld procedure, manual drill processes, and performance qualifications.
- The individual will need to utilize knowledge of metallurgy, material weldability, manual machine operation, and support of weld machines.
- Reviews supplier capability and suitability to provide acceptable product and comply with government specifications.
- Develops or contributes to the creation of welding standards and specifications.
- Individuals will develops special weld repairs as necessary and order perishable tooling for manual machine operation.
- Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
- Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
- Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
- Must have expert knowledge of concepts, practices, drawing standards and procedures of Weld Engineering processes.
- Capable of working with current computer applications, CAD programs, and model manipulation.
- Possesses an understanding of equipment and technologies relevant to welding, weld engineering, and manual machine operation.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems that require a professional level of weld engineering knowledge and manufacturing processes.
- Familiarity with relevant military and commercial weld standards.
- Certification with AWS as a CWI or other relevant certification is a plus.
- Moderate knowledge of nondestructive testing scope and capabilities.
- Practice of lean/6 sigma concepts as applied to manufacturing is a plus.
- 5 years of experience in fabrication.
- 5 plus years in military fabrication industry.
- Typically a Bachelor's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree in weld or manufacturing degree
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Manufacturing / Weld Engineer
Location: Johnstown, PA
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 350698
Posted Date: 12/21/2018