Software Quality Engineer - Charlotte, NC
Oversight for all test planning, processes and activities for all phases of testing, and is the primary focal point for all testing for the project
• Provides ongoing support.
• Works with project team to obtain agreement on what, how and when testing will be performed
• Creates comprehensive Master Test Plan and Testing Methodology Test Plan documents to ensure all phases of testing (testing approach/strategy) are planned and executed in a timely manner (Waterfall, Agile)
• Establishes test objectives and target dates for all phases, and includes master test schedule showing pre-requisites and interdependencies among phases and components
• Ensures that testing is performed as planned and on schedule, controlling changes, and coordinates with applications managers to ensure timely introduction of corrections • Maintains daily / cycle test performance records, tracks problems, and provides test and project team with feedback to assist them in prioritizing fixes and prevent future errors
• Records test results, test data, review logs, etc.; certifies the test performed; and defines what has not been tested to ensure that test acceptance criteria have been met and any exceptions and/or workarounds are approved by the appropriate stakeholders.
• Ensures Test Data is identified and developed; ensures that detailed Test Plans, specifications and scripts are developed and approved prior to start of testing • Supports the team through development, creation and implementation of testing scenarios and use cases within the application
• Working with developers on estimating new work intake efforts
• Responsible for quality and quantity of sound decisions around processes and issues within the scope of own day-to-day responsibilities and shared responsibilities
• Concentrates on complex problems requiring multiple approaches for resolution
• Deliver outcomes on multiple work assignments with limited guidance provided
• 5+ years of testing or quality assurance experience
• 5+ years of automation or regression testing experience
• 5+ years of information technology quality assurance and systems/application testing experience
• 2+ years of Agile experience
• JIRA Experience
• Experience with multiple work streams, applications or deliverables
• Knowledge and understanding of creating test plans, test cases, test procedures, test scripts, and expected results
• Experience with various types and levels of testing (e.g. unit, integration, and system testing)
• Ability to deliver, evaluation or test medium technology efforts
• Experience with end-to-end testing of multiple applications
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Experience with Hiperos Testing
• Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
• Advanced Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Visio) Skills
• Knowledge and understanding of system testing including creating plans, cases, procedures, scripts, and identifying expectations
• Knowledge and understanding of technology testing, test planning and executing experience.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to take responsibility for a project from QA perspective and manage it with minimal assistance.
• Experience performing quality assurance audits
• Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-drive environment
• Ability to communicate confidentially and professionally
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
• Must have experience in UI application testing