EMI Engineer - Sterling Heights, MI
Job Title: EMI Engineer
Job Location: Sterling Heights, MI
- We currently have an opening in Sterling Heights, MI for an EMI Engineer with EMI/EMC experience to work on a Military Vehicle Program.
- The candidate will be a part of the Radiation Engineering department responsible for providing Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)/Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) system engineering design, analysis, and test support to combat system development programs.
- Candidate will support electrical and mechanical architecture designs for Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) compliance.
- Must be familiar with MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-464. Equivalent experience using commercial (CISPR) standards will be considered.
- Must be familiar with TEMPEST standards/requirements and RED/BLACK separation.
- Must be capable of understanding and applying EMI/EMC design concepts, analysis, and standards.
- Must have strong technical writing skills for preparation of plans, reports, presentations, and customer deliverables.
- Must have experience with EMI requirement derivation/decomposition/allocation.
- Must have Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Must be capable of using a PC and standard Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Project.
- Must meet ASR measurement requirements and be able to work inside combat vehicles, wheeled and tracked.
- Must be a self-starter, with self-motivation to learn EMI/EMC engineering skills and to overcome obstacles to get the job done within schedule and budget.
- Must be able to work in a team environment where obtaining the willing cooperation from personnel in other organizations is key to getting the job done.
- Must be able to work a 9/80 work schedule as well as overtime upon request.
- Must be able to travel occasionally to work at test sites/labs, attend meetings, perform or support EMI/EMC testing.
- Experience with hazard analysis related to RF exposure to personnel (HERP), ordnance (HERO), and fuels (HERF) preferred.
- 5 years of EMI component and EMC system level test experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Electrical Engineering or Physics. Other related degrees will be considered with appropriate experience.
Sterling Heights, MI
United States of America
Engineering / Engineering
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: EMI Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351277
Posted Date: 1/21/2019