Controls Engineer - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for a Controls engineer to work onsite in Wilmington, NC. While this is a 12+ month position it has the potential to extend to 24 months.
• Electrical Engineering/Technology (Bachelor’s degree minimum)
• Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience
• Certifications preferred
• Provide electrical equipment designs, schematics, and layouts which meet Corning Machine Drafting Standards on CAD based formats. (AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Electrical 2017)
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Perform troubleshooting, process start-up, design, and documentation of Mechanical and Electrical Systems for new or modified production equipment.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Create and modify existing documentation to complete drawing packages, installation checklists, machine part lists, illustrations, and machine specs of production equipment.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design and solve equipment/process issues.
• Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising and training equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision during installation activities.
• Supervise and provide direction to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades during all aspects of equipment installation and conversion such as demolition, construction, installation, testing, and debug of production equipment.
• Provide training to contract engineering techs, internal maintenance, and outside contract trades on new equipment installation procedures as required for successful execution of installation activities.
• Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
• Strong practical hands-on electrical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting ability, proficient with electrical schematics
• Motion control knowledge: servo, stepper, DC, AC drives
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of current loops.
• Serial communication knowledge: RS232 / 485, Ethernet, IEEE-488
• Machine control knowledge and understands classical control theory
• Mechanical aptitude
• Travel is highly probable for future projects - future projects may be located at other NC plants
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD 2014, AutoCAD Electrical 2014, Windows7, MS Office suite including Power Point, Excel, Word PLC and PC based systems, Beckhoff PLC / Motion Control, B-R Control, Automated equipment systems
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351279
Posted Date: 1/4/2019