Mechanical Technician - Manufacturing Industry - Wilmington, NC
One of the world’s leaders in materials science, our client has an opening for Mechanical Technician in Wilmington, NC. Imagine everything that you could learn to advance your career while working at a company with a 166–year track record of creating life-changing inventions. This position seeks talented candidates who will put the customer at the center of everything they do. Inquire about this opportunity and you could end up on a diverse and inclusive team where you’ll not only be valued but feel inspired to give your all to get the job done.
• Re-design components to develop cost reduction plans for the improvement of installations.
• Provide sketches or redline existing drawings as needed and follow-up with drafting services or oversee draftsmen to resolve design issues.
• Specify vendors and maintain a close liaison to procure and expedite materials.
• Develop and oversee mechanical and electrical installation checklists and schedules.
• Prepare work orders and direct maintenance personnel and outside contract trades in the fabrication, assembly, testing, and installation of equipment.
• Direct initial equipment set-up and debug up to the point of turnover to operations.
• Provide third-level troubleshooting support, directing contract engineering techs and trades to replace defective components and execute changes in design solve equipment/process issues.
• Analyze and correct equipment installation practices to improve efficiencies, specifically directed toward enhancing installation schedules.
• Create, review, and maintain updated installation documentation and drawings as required.
• Complete documentation packages to meet customer requirements.
• Interface with various departments to ensure efficient use and operation of equipment.
• Take personal responsibility for all aspects of supervising and training equipment installation crews including direction and shift supervision during installation activities.
• Mechanical Engineering/Technology Degree (Associates minimum)
• 5-10 years’ experience in engineering/manufacturing setting
• Certifications preferred
Equipment or software experience preferred:
AutoCAD 2017, Inventor 2017, Windows7, MS Office (Power Point, Excel, Word), PC based systems, Pneumatic systems and schematics, Motion Control systems, Automated equipment systems, Personal Protective Equipment
• Strong practical hands-on mechanical aptitude (All positions require time on the floor working on equipment.)
• Electro-mechanical troubleshooting, proficient with pneumatic and electrical schematics
• Process variable understanding: flow, temperature, rate, pressure, level.
• Thorough understanding of mechanical drive trains, electrical and pneumatic actuators.
• Travel is a possibility - Future projects may be in other NC locations.
United States of America
Online / Full App
Folder Group ID
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Mechanical Technician - Manufacturing Industry
Location: Wilmington, NC
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 351286
Posted Date: 1/3/2019